Guys…I am OBSESSED with this Peach Breakfast Crisp recipe. It is absolutely delicious, super nutritious and bonus – the girls love it too! I can’t take credit for this recipe, since I found it on The Full Helping. When I discover a recipe I can’t live without, I HAVE to share it with my readers. The one change I made was subbing out the berries for more peaches (I’m on a bit of a peach craze right now – it’s that time of the year).
If you’re looking for a fibre and protein packed breakfast that tastes like a dessert, you need to make this recipe STAT…and when you do, comment and tell me how much you love it (because I know you will). Store it in the fridge and then heat in the morning with some almond milk poured over top!
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup chickpea flour (substitute whole wheat, spelt, oat, or all purpose flour)
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons of organic butter or oil of choice
- 4 heaping cups ripe peaches, peeled and cut into slices
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch or tapioca flour
- 1-3 tablespoons sugar (I used 1 tablespoon and it was sweet enough for my liking)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350F. To prepare the filling, toss the peaches, cornstarch, sugar, vanilla, and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Transfer the fruit filling to a lightly oiled 8 x 8 square baking dish or a pie plate.
- To make the topping, add all ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl and use your fingers to crumble and mix them together, until you have a clumpy, well-mixed topping.
- Sprinkle all of the topping over the fruit filling. Bake the crisp for 35 minutes, or until the fruit is very bubbly and the crisp topping is golden brown. Serve with yogurt, almond milk, an extra sprinkle of hemp seeds, toasted nuts, or whatever other toppings you like!
Lots of love,